Quick Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath
- What Causes of Bad Odor?
- What Diseases Cause Bad Breath?
- What to Do with Bad Breath?
- Quick Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath.
Bad breath (or Halitosis) can be constant or occur from time to time. Any person at least once in a life had the experience of it, and for a quarter of the adult population halitosis is a constant problem.
- The problem of bad breath often is that its owner gets used to this smell, and he does not feel it by himself. And the ” well upbringing” of people does not allow them to offend him. Meanwhile, much better to give a tactful hint on the existing problem. So, he can get rid of the barriers in communication, and in some cases – to avoid dangerous disease.
It happens the opposite situation, when people know about the problems with breathing, but instead to try to solve the bad odor, they start to hide it carefully. As a result, more and more they focus on their “defect”, they do not have personal life and want less contact with others. This goes very close to depression.
As with any disease, with bad breath worth not go to extremes, and realize there is a problem and start working on a fix. After all, contrary to popular opinion with bad breath is quite possible to cope.
What Causes of Bad Odor?
Most often, tthe mouth is the main cause of odor. The simplest case – often it is not enough or thoroughly dusted the teeth and tongue. Food residues decompose under the influence of bacteria, constantly living between the teeth, gums and the edge of the language, and some of the products of this decomposition gives breathing undesirable flavor. By the same mechanism appears the bad smell with caries and gum diseases such as gingivitis, periodontitis and periodontal disease. Tartar on the teeth contains a large amounts of bacteria also. The source of the bad breath may also be insufficient by clean dentures.
- Bad breath occurs in dry mouth – xerostomia caused by diseases of the salivary glands, of certain drugs and even a long breath through the mouth (e.g., in adenoids). When xerostomia not enough of saliva to wash the mouth, which causes all the same putrefaction.
What Diseases Cause Bad Breath?
And what, if the teeth, gums and tongue are healthy and clean, but the smell is still there? Then, you need to remember what you ate shortly before its appearance. Because onions, garlic and certain cheeses in the digestion produce the sulfur compounds, that are absorbed into the blood and removed from the body through the lungs – that’s you and smell. Well, that smoking and alcohol are also not conducive to a pleasant smell from the mouth – general truism.
- Another common cause of bad breath is respiratory diseases. Inflammatory processes in the nose (rhinitis, sinusitis), inflamed tonsils (tonsillitis), bronchitis, bronchiectasis, and active tuberculosis, abscess and lung malignancies are accompanied by tissue destruction. Because of this, the exhaled air is foul smelling pus.
The source of the bad breath may become and gastrointestinal tract. Gastritis and stomach ulcers, as well as diseases of the pancreas and bile ducts disrupted digestion and promotion of its digestive tract. A poorly digested food, besides stagnant, not breathing with perfumes. Often the man has also a white tongue, sour or bitter taste in the mouth.
- Specific breath in some chronic diseases may indicate the development of dangerous complications. So, the putrid odor caused by the liver problems means, that liver cells can not cope with the disposal of toxic products from the bowel. Ammonia smell indicates the severe kidney failure, and the smell of acetone in diabetes – the threat of diabetic coma. By the way, the bad breath may appear in fans of strict diets – because of too rare or monotonous food. So, with the reasons we are more or less sorted out, and the question naturally arises: “What to do? “
What to Do with Bad Breath?
Start with oral health. Brush your teeth twice a day – after breakfast and before bedtime, making circular motion over all surfaces of the teeth with elastic toothbrush. Together with the teeth the tongue should be cleaned also – for this you can use a soft toothbrush or a special brush for the tongue.
- The pasta should be chosen with the content of fluorine and calcium (it will help strengthen the tooth enamel) and with the addition of antiseptic plant extracts (they reduce the activity of bacteria and improve the condition of the gums). After the meals is recommended to rinse the mouth with water and within a minute or two to chew sugarless gum. If the food gets stuck between the teeth, the dental floss will help to remove.
It is also good to change the attitude to dentists – those times, when a dental office was considered a branch of the Gestapo, long gone: the equipment and relations with patients changed.
If mouth is in order, and an bad odor is still present, it is necessary to visit a therapist. He will diagnose, determine the probable cause and prescribe treatment. Thus, you will get rid not only of halitosis, but also from the disease that caused it.
Quick Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath
But what if the visit to the doctor is delayed for any reason, and you need to drown out the unpleasant smell right now?
- Eat a fresh crunchy apple or carrot – they cleanse the teeth from plaque, and they contain the vegetable fibers, which “gather” some smelling substances in the stomach.
- To kill the bad breath, caused by eating something “wrong”, you can chew parsley, celery, fennel, mint, tarragon, anise or fennel.
- To clean the bacteria from the mouth, you can rinse with infusion or decoction of sage, calendula, chamomile, eucalyptus and other natural antiseptics. Somewhat, less, but the undoubted effect freshly brewed strong tea has also.
- If bad breath was originated because of problems with digestion, help to cope with the problem the intestinal sorbents such as Polyphepanum, enterosgel, activated carbon and others.
- If you have problems with tonsils is worth twice a year to find the time to wash the lacunae in the doctor, and regularly gargle decoction of herbs or propolis tincture.