What to Do for Flaking Skin at Home and Salon?
- Causes of Flaking Skin
- Salon Treatments for Flaking Skin
- What to Do for Flaking Skin at Home?
- Home Remedies for Flaking Skin
Many women find that the flaking on the face may appear only in extreme cold or due to excessive dryness of the skin.
Actually causes of the appearance of scaly patches on the skin can be after quite different factors. And if they are not corrected in time, the problem can grow and deliver a lot of trouble for the owner. If you have a scaly face, what to do for peeling skin in the first place? In getting rid of this scourge is very important to find out as much as possible its cause and to eliminate it.
Causes of Flaking Skin
Finding out on your face some unpleasant dry “areas”, in which the skin is tightened and unpleasantly falled by whole pieces, analyze your lifestyle carefully and try find out why you have the problem, if you had never suffered before. And the reasons may be a lot of:
- loss of moisture;
- dry skin type;
- hereditary factor: in this case, as a rule, xeroderma extends not only to the face but also on the whole body;
- atmospheric factors: cold, strong winds, plenty of ultraviolet radiation, an overabundance of sea salt, overdried conditioned indoor air;
- any skin damage (cracks, sores, inflammation);
- allergic reactions;
- long reception of certain medications;
- unsuccessfully made cosmetic procedures.
Think of all these causes of dry skin on your face: what is taking place in your life of all of the above? If you found, the half of the problem is solved: the method of treatment depends on the cause.
Salon Treatments for Flaking Skin
If you have the flaking on the face as a result of diseases of internal organs or inheritance, do not try to treat by yourself at home. Consult to the experts who will appoint the treatment, and advise the salon treatments. As treatment they may appoint:
cream with 5% content of hydrocortisone for the treatment of problem areas within 2 weeks (but no more, as the cream is addictive);
pharmacy mask using Aquaphor (also based on hydrocortisone);
preparations with Dexpanthenol.
From the salon treatments that eliminate flaking of the skin, may be advised to:
- mesotherapy based on the drugs of hyaluronic acid;
- exfoliating fruit acids;
- various programs intensive moisturizing;
- procedure of peeling.
Even if you do not trust or have fear of salon procedures for caring for skin, only a specialist after a thorough examination can tell you exactly how to stop the peeling of a person in accordance with its cause.
What to Do for Flaking Skin at Home?
If the scaling of the skin on the face is provoked by surface factors (weather conditions or dry skin type), the home procedures and means will help to alleviate the condition. To get rid of this scourge, it is necessary to treat such skin.
- Do not use a soap: wash your face with a special gel to moisturize the skin.
- After washing, do not rub the face with a towel too much: it injures the dry “areas”.
- Immediately after washing, wipe the face with moisturizing tonic and apply your daily moisturizer (baby cream / vaseline).
- Choose the line of cosmetics that will provide the maximum skin hydration. The means, you have chosen to care for the skin, should not contain the alcohol, which dehydrates the skin, and the lanolin, which can cause allergies.
- For half an hour before going outside, use a cream for protection.
- Try to cover the face of unfavorable atmospheric conditions in winter – a scarf in the summer – wide-brimmed hat.
- The room should be fresh, slightly humidified air. To do this more often ventilate the area or place on a hot battery cup with water: evaporating the moisture will be present in the air.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Increase in your diet fresh fruits and vegetables.
Adhering to these simple rules, making sure that the skin has received the necessary care, you will be able to stop the peeling of the skin on the face and help to ensure that it will no longer appear.
Home Remedies for Flaking Skin
There are various means against the flaking skin that you can easily prepare by yourself at home.
- Washing Water with Honey
Honey heated to a liquid state and mixed with water in equal part, and instead of the usual washing with plain water, use this means that effectively treats flaking skin on the face.
- Moisturizing Milk and Olive Mask
Oatmeal, cooked in milk, when it is lukewarm mixed (one tablespoon) with hot honey (one teaspoon) and olive oil (one teaspoon). This facial mask for flaking skin will remove the dead, keratinized gently and quickly. You can take as an ingredient is not porridge and cereal, but first they need to grind in a coffee grinder and add to the mix one egg yolk.
- Natural Homemade Scrubs
You can take care of the flaking skin, practically without wasting time for this. Certain means contain in their composition solid particles (seeds, pieces of peel), which effectively eliminate flaking. It is enough 1 time per two days wipe the face with them. These products include: coffee grounds, tea leaves of black tea, the flesh of watermelon or cucumber, slices of green apple.
- Moisturizing Mask Based on Vegetable Oils
Everyone is familiar with the use of vegetable oils for the skin. As part of the mask, they are able to eliminate and flaking skin. To do this, 1 tablespoon of honey should be mixed with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oils: grapeseed, apricot or peach pits, almond or wheat germ.
- Milk Mask Based on Vegetables
Grind cereal in a coffee maker, mix a tablespoon of grated fresh carrots with (a tablespoon), diluted with warm milk to form a slurry. Carrots can be replaced with raw potatoes, and milk – fresh cucumber juice or egg yolk: and that, and another perfectly moisturizes the skin.
- Masks against Flaking Skin on the Basis of Dairy Products
Pulp of cucumber without skin (2 tablespoons) mix to mushy state with kefir or yogurt (natural, no additives), sour cream or cream with a high fat content.
Remember that any flaking skin – it is a signal of your body, that it observed certain glitches, that need to be addressed as soon as possible. Modern cosmetology and medicine successfully cope with such skin problems if the time to recognize the causes of peeling and seek professional help. Any home remedies can only serve as an additional treatment for flaking skin, as a relief of its condition and prevention, but not treatment.