Most Effective Dandruff Treatment: top 5 shampoos
- Most Effective Dandruff Treatment
- Ingredients in Dandruff Shampoo
- Best Remedies for Dandruff
- Overview of the Top 5 Shampoos
- Reviews of Ways to Treat Dandruff
Due to the change of seasons, due to a lack of vitamins, because of dermatological diseases, as well as for other reasons the problems with the scalp may occur, especially dandruff. To get rid of this unpleasant problem you can use the special shampoos for dandruff. What are they and which shampoo is better – this article will help to know.
Most Effective Dandruff Treatment
Fight against dandruff should be made with special dermatological shampoos. You can buy them in pharmacies, they are more effective than conventional cosmetic shampoos, as they are produced by pharmaceutical companies, whose specialty – the production of drugs. The usual cosmetic shampoos against dandruff can be used only as a preventive measure.
Kinds of medicated shampoos for dandruff:
- shampoos which contain plant extracts.
Ingredients in Dandruff Shampoo
- tar, ihtiol – serve to normalize renewal cycle of the cell of the scalp;
- salicylic acid – strengthens the exfoliating effect of skin cells;
- selenium disulphide – quite active antifungal agent, helps to reduce sebum;
- sulfur – destroys dandruff, exfoliates the skin and helps to prevent the adhesion of cells.
The structure of all the medical dermatologic dandruff shampoos include selenium, zinc, or sulfur tar. It is obligatory included at least one of the listed ingredients.
In dandruff shampoos with herbal supplements include nettles, burdock, dandelion, clover, sage, chamomile, juniper and other botanicals. They also produce the shampoos with essential oils of lavender, cedar, tea tree, eucalyptus, etc. Each of these plants has antifungal properties.
Kinds of shampoos, depending on the type of hair:
- for very sensitive scalp;
- for the treatment of fatty types of dandruff;
- for irritated skin (containing tar);
- for dry hair (contains zinc pyrithione and climbazole).
Do not buy the first available shampoo. Read carefully the notes and instructions to it.
Best Remedies for Dandruff
Efficacy shampoo depends on its quality. Firstly, the good dandruff shampoo should be of thick consistency, had no flavoring. The composition must contain one of the following: selenium, tar, sulfur, or zinc. Also in the cast must have components that contribute to the normalization of the sebaceous glands. Only after a full course of treatment can begin using cosmetic dandruff shampoos.
Overview of the Top 5 Shampoos
- Sebazol Shampoo
In cosmetology and dermatology it is used externally. Its main action – antimicrobial and antifungal. It helps to restore damaged hair, eliminates seborrhea, inhibits fungi livelihoods. Can be used as a prophylactic against dandruff. Regular use helps to prevent its re-occurrence of dandruff.
Application sebazol divided into two stages:
– removing dandruff. Wash twice a week for one month;
– prevention. Use 1 shampoo once a week (one can biweekly).
If you are using Sebazol and skin blushed, discontinue its use.
- Nizoral Shampoo
Used for the treatment and prevention of dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis and tinea versicolor. It is recommended to use it 2 times a week for 3-4 weeks for the treatment of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. As a preventive measure it is sufficient to use one once a week. Nizoral is very easy to use, foams well. For greater impact on the fungus, it should be kept in the hair for five minutes. Nizoral helps to eliminate the causes of dandruff and not just struggling with its external manifestations. If after using dandruff persists, you should discontinue its use. In most cases, Nizoral fairly well tolerated.
- Vichy Shampoo
Contributes to the normalization of the scalp. Noticeable results after its first use. Shampoo thanks to its creamy texture enveloping nourishes the scalp. Recommended for dry hair types. Vichy shampoo cleanses the scalp, removes the causes of dandruff and relieves irritation and itching of the scalp. Vichy shampoo treatment is 4 weeks.
- Fitoval Shampoo
Used for dandruff, for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis, for the treatment of psoriasis of the scalp. It is recommended to use a shampoo 1-2 times a week. Depending on the disease, the treatment duration may be different. So, for the treatment of seborrhea – 4-17 weeks, for the treatment of psoriasis of the scalp – 8-12 weeks, to treat dandruff – 6 weeks. The course of treatment can be repeated if necessary. With high sensitivity of the scalp for at least one of the components of the shampoo, its use is not recommended. FITOVAL side effects have not been identified.
- Squaphane Shampoo
Shampoo Kerato regulator against severe forms of dandruff Squaphane C. Quickly removes dandruff flakes and prevents their reappearance. Calms and soothes itchy scalp. Contained in the shampoo antifungal complex Miconazole and Klimbazol regulates the growth of microorganisms that live on the scalp and promote dandruff. Part of the concentrated salicylic acid promotes rapid clearing scalp from dandruff.
Due to the action of the active substance soothes itching and soothes the scalp. The shampoo has a pleasant fragrance after use are hair soft and manageable.
Apply shampoo to wet hair. Lather and gently massage the scalp. Leave on for 3 minutes, then rinse thoroughly under running water. Repeat if necessary.
Use a shampoo 2-3 times a week, during the crisis – 1-2 week, for the prevention – year round.
In case of contact with eyes rinse thoroughly with water.
Great remedy for dandruff! Price is quite adequate, especially if the effect is guaranteed.
Reviews of Ways to Treat Dandruff
During pregnancy, I started having problems with dandruff, hair became sticky and nasty. Nizoral shampoo acquired. After using it I have dandruff disappeared. As another plus, and I can say that it is good hair rinses and fade problem with hair loss. Catherine S., 27 years old.
- My husband had dandruff, seborrheic flakes appeared on his head. We have tried a lot of methods. Sebozol only helped us to deal with this problem – I think this is the best dandruff shampoo. From the first application came true the opposite effect – increased seborrhea. But after the fourth washing the problem of dandruff disappeared completely. Margaret H., 34 years old.
Year ago I started using Sebozol. I liked it much: within two weeks dandruff disappeared, the price is affordable. I currently use shampoo as a preventative. Lubov, 30 years old.
- Once I decided to lighten my hair, I started losing my hair strongly, and dandruff also appeared. I have used oils, lotions, medications. Nothing helped. After I bought shampoo Fitoval, I fully solved all my problems. I recommend it. Really effective means. Olga P., 23 years old.
After two weeks of using the shampoo Vichy the dandruff disappeared, hair was silky and pleasant to the touch. Bottles of shampoo enough for long, and worth it inexpensively. I am very pleased. Mary N., 46 years old.
We hope that these tips to use various types of dandruff shampoos will help you solve with this unpleasant problem.