Interesting Facts about Vitamin A
Vitamin A (retinol) is mainly used in cosmetics for aged skin. It prevents photoaging and pigmentation, stimulates production of collagen, improves skin elasticity, helps to exfoliate old cells, exhibit strong antioxidant properties.
Vitamin A is readily penetrates skin through the channels of the sebaceous and sweat glands, and a short time later turns out to be in its deeper layers. Therefore, it is very effective in cosmetics.
• The most favorable time for makeup with vitamin A – the cold season. During the winter retinol repair sun-damaged cells and smooth out wrinkles.
• creams and masks with vitamin A should be used before going to bed. It was at night and early in morning is increased cell division of skin and anti-aging effect for the maximum concentration of retinol in the blood should be at this time. Peak retinol action occurs within 2 hours after application to skin, and takes approximately 4 hours.
• Vitamin A can be used in conjunction with an acid. Therefore, the mask with retinol should not contain lemon juice, sour fruits, dairy products.
• Vitamin A – active substance , and it should not be used in young age. It is recommended especially for those who turned 35-40.
• Before using the equipment with retinol to the test. Due to the active intervention in the metabolism, vitamin A can cause allergies. People with sensitive skin it should be used with caution.
• Vitamin A – liposoluble therefore before the addition of the mask, it must be dissolved in small amount of vegetable oil (1/4 tsp). Dosage for masks – 1-2 drops of vitamin A for 30-50 gr. means.
• In home creams vitamin A is introduced at end of preparation ( in a warm emulsion). Dosage – 1 drop per 50 oz. lotions.
• As part of household creams, vitamin A is most effective in combination with vitamins E, D, B, coenzyme Q10.
• Use cosmetics with vitamin A better courses for 45-60 days. After this you need a three-month break.
• A lot of vitamin A include wheat germ oil, rosehip, sea buckthorn, amaranth. These oils saturate skin retinol if administered into creams and masks.
Masks from natural products with vitamin A:
- Freshly squeezed carrot juice mixed with porridge milled to the consistency of sour cream. Apply to face, neck and chest area for 20 min.
- In the finely grated carrots add 1 egg yolk and a few drops of olive oil. Apply to skin for 15 – 20 min.
- 1 tbsp. of juice from fresh berries of sea buckthorn mixed with egg yolk. The resulting mixture to grease face after 15 minutes wash with not cold water.
- Thoroughly mash 1 tablespoon of sea buckthorn berries with the same amount of wheat germ, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix and apply on face for 15-20 min.
- Buckthorn juice or mashed berries mixed with sour cream, cream or cream cheese. The mixture is applied to face with a thick layer after 15 min, rinse with not cold water.
Fortified scrub for oily skin:
- Minced parsley rub with vegetable oil. The resulting mixture was mixed with common salt. Use the peeling immediately after preparation.
Homemade anti-aging cream:
- This homemade cream is suitable for all skin types. To prepare it thoroughly mix in a glass container such components: one large tablespoon of camphor alcohol, 1-2 drops of vitamin A (retinol acetate), one teaspoon of liquid honey, one egg yolk (fresh), two tablespoons of olive oil quality and a hundred grams of butter or margarine. The resulting mixture should be stored in the refrigerator for more than two months. It is suitable for daily skin care.
Interesting Facts about Vitamin A:
- Entitled “vitamin A” hidden group of substances: retinol, retinoic acid, retinyl ester, which has the common name ” retinoids “.
- On the labels of cosmetic products with derivatives of vitamin A, retinol can be met the titles like retinol acetate, retinyl linoleate and retinyl palmitate.
- Vitamin A is not produced by the human body and it is flagged only food. The best sources are animal products – the liver, including fish and fish oil, cheese, butter, cream, sour cream, and eggs.
Vitamin A can be harmful!
- Vitamin tablets, granules and capsules are contraindicated smokers (leading to lung cancer), diabetes (provokes liver steatosis), pregnant (over-usage causes birth defects in the fetus).
- Do not take it together with tetracycline and anticoagulants (contributes to increased intracranial pressure and increases the tendency to bleed).
Security is a dietary source of vitamin A: