Great Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair and Skin
- Is Olive Oil Good for Your Skin?
- How to Choose the Right Olive Oil
- Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair
- Olive Oil is Good for Skin
- Health Benefits of Olive Oil
What is needed to maintain the appearance and natural beauty? The most important is the proper care of your body. To help preserve the body’s youth you can use natural ingredients and vitamins that can be gleaned from fruits, vegetables and oils. Universal oil that is used in cooking, cosmetics and medicine, is olive oil.
Homeland of olive oil is Greece, where the olive tree and the fruit are almost sacred. Since ancient times the Greeks used olive oil for cooking, treating wounds and even shampooing. In modern times the admirers of olive products are also considered to Italy and Spain, which are famous for the culinary delights with the addition of olives, as spices or olive oil, as gas stations to dishes.
Is Olive Oil Good for Your Skin?
Greeks, Italians and Spaniards appreciate the olive oil not only for its taste but also for the fact that it has anti-aging properties and can cure many diseases. For example, olive oil treats the ulcer disease. Also, olive oil is a low-calorie, which is ideal for women who are dieting.
Scientists say that using olive oil can make benefit and harm. For example, if you eat every morning olive oil on an empty stomach – you risk to make problems with the gastrointestinal tract, in spite of the fact that olive oil is used by doctors to treat peptic ulcer disease of the digestive system.
Breaking Dosage – olive oil of healing turns into harmful. But still, is olive oil good for your skin? As mentioned earlier, the olive is able to rejuvenate the body’s cells, restoring them to heal. Therefore, olive oil so actively used not only in cooking and medicine, but also in cosmetics.
How to Choose the Right Olive Oil
The fruit of the olive have a specific, bitter taste, so the fruit is inedible. Before you use it for cooking, the fruit of the olive passes a special processing when the olives are soaked in brine for about three or four days. Bitterness after soaking still remains, but it is not so audible. There is a bitter taste of natural olive oil. Thus, the bitterness in the oil – a kind of indicator of product quality. Choosing olive oil, should pay attention to the specific flavor of the oil.
Olive oil of the highest grade is obtained from fresh olive fruit, after crushing, mixing, and then, using a special centrifuge, is squeezed under pressure. Olive oil of second-class is obtained by treatment of the cake, which was formed after the first processing of the olive fruit. As a rule, oil is darker in color, slightly cloudy and cheaper, although in taste is a little different from the oils premium. The best extra-virgin olive oil is considered. A characteristic feature of this oil is that its acidity does not exceed 1%. Also highly valued, so-called “drip” virgin olive oil.
Professionals consider three main types of olive oil:
- Natural Olive Oil
This oil is obtained by using physical methods of treatment without chemical treatment;
- Refined Olive Oil
This oil is also called refined. Get him in the interaction of physical and chemical processes to eliminate the peculiar smell and taste;
- Pomace of Olive Oil
Get this pomace oil, passed the first spin. In this process, use chemical solvents, and processing takes place under the influence of heat.
Choosing olive oil, pay attention to the color, it should be greenish-yellow, no impurities and flakes. The smell should not be much sharper specific. Taste a little bit bitter.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair
Olive oil is often used in cosmetics and has earned respect among the connoisseurs of beauty. Even in ancient Egypt, women used olive oil for washing the hair, do a variety of hair masks. Ideal olive oil for hair greasy type. Vitamins and trace elements that are part of the olive oil in a short time allows to organize the work of the sebaceous glands of the head, thereby reducing the fat content of hair, as well as increased hair growth, strengthening the roots and give a natural healthy glow. The acids which are contained in the oil having a reducing property is therefore ideally suited for damaged or frequent perming hair coloring.
- Usual olive oil, without the addition ingredients is advised by experts in the field of cosmetology. It is believed that olive oil is perfect restores hair growth and revitalizes the roots. Also, use a mask with olive oil very easily. It’s enough after shampooing apply olive oil and distribute it through the hair. At the head should be covered by a plastic cap and leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse the head with water and shampoo. In this procedure, there is nothing difficult, and the result is visible already after 2 weeks. If you warm the oil before applying it to the scalp, you will have the effect of enhanced penetration into the skin and thus accelerates the recovery and hair growth.
- Also, olive oil can be combined with other useful components and products: herbs, honey, eggs. If you mix all the ingredients in equal proportions and apply the mask on the scalp 2 times a week for a month, then the result will not take long – the hair will become healthy, silky, activates growth and strengthened the roots. Olive oil good for skin, especially for the problems of fragility and brittleness of hair. This method of restoring healthy hair growth is a very simple, inexpensive and effective.
Olive Oil is Good for Skin
If your skin has lost former luster, it becomes dry and wrinkles began to appear – use the oils. To combat the problem of skin, aging and wrinkling olive oil is ideal. In modern times the olive oil comes in a variety of species of various cosmetic products: creams, lotions, body milk, yogurt for body scrubs, etc.
Beauticians are advised to use cosmetics containing olive oil, women after 25 years when starting the process of aging and skin roughness. Due to the negative state of our environment, water hardness, lack of vitamin and mineral complex in our body begins to suffer, our skin, nails, hair. Restore the fresh look of the face and velvety skin of hands to help mask with natural olive oil or special cosmetic products containing olive oil.
- Particularly useful olive oil is for the face. It is able to smooth out the wrinkles and nourishes the skin with vitamins, moisturizing and protecting it from the influence of temperature changes. Home facials using olive oil good for skin are quite simple.
- You can apply oil to dry and clean skin, leaving the oil for 20 minutes, and then rinse with warm water, and you can add other ingredients to make nutritious and vitamin facials.
- Excellent olive oil is combined with lemon juice, which is able to whiten the skin, honey – heals, cherries and strawberries – rejuvenate and give a velvety skin. Olive oil prevents drying of the skin and retains moisture on the surface of the face, so the use of masks with olive oil is ideal for anyone with dry skin.
Also, olive oil is easily washed off after the procedure, it does not clog the pores of the skin and promotes rapid tissue regeneration. Using olive oil for skin care face and hands, you give it a youth and elasticity for a long time.
As you know, healthy appearance depends on the internal state of a person. Our bodies need vitamins, minerals, trace minerals and oils. Therefore, the olive oil is widely used in cooking.
- Olive oil is ideal for people who adhere to diet or practice vegetarianism. Also, for those who are inclined to the more traditional way of eating is “omnivorous” olive oil is perfect for any recipe. On it, you can fry food, add the oil in a cereal, fill salads. Olive oil is not only delicious, but also useful. In it contain vitamins E, B, A, are well affect the recovery of the body after the transferred diseases, promote rapid healing of wounds, scars, erosion and ulcers.
Olive oil has a positive effect on the work of the gastrointestinal tract, improves motor skills and the digestive process. Also, oil copes with diseases of the throat and upper respiratory tract. Vitamin E, which is olive oil, affects the hormones women: regulates the menstrual cycle, establishes the reproductive function.
- Also, regular meals with olive oil reduces cholesterol in the human body, and prevents cardiovascular disease. It is known that olive oil slows down the growth of cancer cells and reduces the risk of cancer. Olive oil clears the body of toxins and heals it from within.
As we can see, olive oil is a truly universal product that can be used both in medicine and in cosmetics and cooking. The rich features of this product allow to heal and rejuvenate the body in a few days. With its low price and good quality olive oil is accessible and useful to use.