DIY Face Scrubs and Peels with Lemon: effective recipes
- Benefits of Applying Lemon on Face?
- DIY Face Scrubs and Peels with Lemon: Indications and Contraindications
- Best Recipes of DIY Face Scrubs and Peels
The homemade means for cleaning face have long practiced by the modern women, as they do not require a lot of time and money, and sometimes the effect is better than after beauty salons. Especially popular are lemon facial scrubs, that refreshes and tones the skin.
Benefits of Applying Lemon on Face
If you regularly make lemon scrub, the skin will look younger and more nice. What is the secret of this magic? One answer – in the chemical composition of lemon, each component of which is working with skin cells:
- major role in facial scrubs with lemon the different acids play, which are a lot in this fruit: directly citric, malic and galacturonic acid;
- pectin heals the damage, relieves the inflammation;
- carotene is important for the renewal of skin cells;
- volatile soothes the tired skin – so facial scrubs with lemon are recommended primarily for residents of large cities, whose skin is exhausted atmospheric pollution;
- thiamine is used to treat a skin problem;
- riboflavin gives the skin oxygen supply;
- ascorbic acid – a natural antioxidant that promotes normal development of cells in collagen and elastin;
- flavonoids in fruits, make the lemon scrub the rejuvenation procedure for the face;
- sesquiterpenes protect the skin from external negative stimuli have a calming effect;
- hesperidin softens the skin and restores the natural color;
- eriotsitrin in lemon peel makes this procedure is possible even for sensitive and irritable skin.
Thus, the best treasure for your skin, filled with so many vitamins and minerals, you will not find. Buy this precious fruit and discover the scrubs with lemon at home, which are not difficult to prepare.
DIY Face Scrubs and Peels with Lemon:
Indications and Contraindications
You can read the different reviews about lemon as clearing means home cosmetology. It all depends on the individual characteristics of the skin. In what cases the scrubs with lemon juice are indicated for use?
- For tired skin.
- For contaminated skin with clogged pores.
- For oily skin with a malfunction of the sebaceous glands.
- For problematic skin.
- For aging skin with the first signs of aging.
But for very dry, sensitive and irritable skin, the scrubs with lemon are recommended to do at home very carefully. To avoid negative effects you should consult with a specialist. Or choose the recipes of peeling that contain the other softening and moisturizing ingredients. The lemon is contraindicated for those who have the open wounds on the face or large foci of inflammation, or idiosyncrasy of citrus.
Best Recipes of DIY Face Scrubs and Peels
There are the variety of recipes of homemade scrubs and peeling with citric acid , from which you are sure to choose the one that suits you. Masks for peeling are versatile and have the same effect on any type of skin.
- 1. With Orange
One package of gelatin completely dissolve in lemon and orange juices, taken in equal parts using a water bath.
- 2. With Sugar
Sugar (2 teaspoons) mixed with lemon juice till creamy state. After dissolution of the sugar may be applied to the face.
- 3. With Olive
Zest of lemons (enough 2 pieces) grind in a blender and mix with olive oil (tablespoon).
- 4. With Honey
Honey (2 tablespoons) in a water bath to melt, mix with lemon juice (tablespoon) and wheat bran (tablespoon).
- 5. With Rosehip
Olive oil (2 tablespoons) mixed with the same amount of rosehip oil and lemon juice (a teaspoon). Warm up, put on the face warm.
- 6. With Cucumber
Cucumber turn into a puree with a blender. The resulting mass (2 tablespoons) mixed with lemon juice (a teaspoon) and egg.
- 7. With Cranberry
Lemon juice (a teaspoon) mixed with chopped zest (teaspoon), cranberry pulp (2 tablespoons) and kefir (tablespoon).
- 8. With Oat
Cereal (2 tbsp) minced in a blender and mix with lemon juice to form a slurry.
- 9. With Pomegranate
Half of pomegranate grind in a blender, mix with liquid honey (tablespoon) and lemon (2 tablespoons).
- 10. With Coffee
Crushed coffee beans mixed with lemon juice (a teaspoon) and gel for washing.
Making facial scrub and peel with lemon juice, you will feel and see how your skin looks younger and freshens right before our eyes.