Avocado as Hair Treatment: Health and beauty of your curls
- Rejuvenating Effect of Avocado Masks.
- How to Make a Natural Face Mask with Avocado.
- Best Recipes with Avocado for DIY Hair Treatments for Damaged Hair.
What name does this exotic fruit have: “American Persea”, “The Oil of Midshipmen,” “Pear Alligator”, “Poor Man’s Cow.” Today these green oblong fruits with oily flesh are already beginning to gain the market share, and not only food one, but also cosmetic.
Avocado as hair treatment has gained much popularity, as it has the miraculous healing effect on the sick, injured and lifeless hair, that tired after the constant stress. The exotic taste of this fruit can be accepted not by everybody, but like a cosmetic means everyone will like its properties; especially, who wants to revive her weakened hair with natural means, granted to us by nature.
Rejuvenating Effect of Avocado Masks
The conducted laboratory studies have shown, that avocado as hair treatment – is a complete nutritional complex, which has everything, what you need for health and beauty of any type of curls. If you prepare from the pulp of this fruit a homemade cosmetic mask on all the rules, respecting the recommendations and contraindications, it will allow to do without expensive salon treatments. After all, there are so many different substances, that produce a revolution at the cellular level, transforming the strands with the most wonderful way.
1. Minerals – the main component of avocado pulp:
- potassium (is known for its moisturizing properties);
- sodium (is used against hair loss);
- calcium (the building material for fabrics);
- phosphorus (makes curls resilient and elastic);
- zinc (promotes hair growth);
- iron (improves the circulation);
- copper (provides the access of oxygen to the cells);
- magnesium (repairs damaged tissue).
2. Avocado is a treasure trove of a variety of vitamins, that your hair needs:
- retinol (vitamin A) prevents the loss, accelerates growth, strengthens the roots;
- vitamins of the B group normalize metabolic processes, restore full cell respiration, make curls light, airy and obedient;
- tocopherol (vitamin E) ensures assimilation of the hair roots of oxygen and other nutrients;
- ascorbic acid (vitamin C) strengthens the immune system, increasing resistance to aggressive hair weathering hazards;
- vitamin D forms an invisible film, so after avocado as hair treatment lamination effect is present;
- phylloquinone (vitamin K) moisturizes, saving hair from dryness;
- niacin (vitamin PP) – one of the most important vitamins for hair, as it promotes their rapid growth, prevents hair loss and is used as a prophylactic against premature graying.
3. Apart from this vitamin kits, avocado as hair treatment contains a large number of other useful substances for healthy hair:
- fats (form a protective barrier, we need to nourish and moisturize dry and brittle hair);
- proteins (help to restore damaged hair);
- polyunsaturated fatty acids (have the rejuvenating properties);
- phytohormones (doing curls thick, voluminous, shiny).
These properties are not only in the flesh of this wonderful fruit, but are also in cosmetic avocado oil, which can be actively included in the diy hair treatments for damaged hair. Today it can be easily and freely available in the mall and the grocery market, and there is always avocado oil in cosmetics and aromatherapy salons. Not to be disappointed, be sure to familiarize yourself with the recommendations, that people give who have already deal with this cosmetic means.
How to Make a Natural Face Mask with Avocado
The great advantage of avocado as hair treatment, that it does not cause much trouble, not time-consuming and does not require a large financial outlay. It’s a simple, pleasant and very effective procedure at home, which is certainly worth a use for the recovery of your hair. Knowing little tricks will increase its effectiveness.
- The best masks are obtained from the ripe and juicy fruit – keep this in mind, when buying the fruit.
- To a thick pulp, there not turned the lumps, it is better to grind in a blender. This will facilitate the combing after the completion of procedure.
- In order to avoid an allergic reaction (as it is an exotic fruit) you need to check the mixture on your skin behind your ear. Because only idiosyncrasy may be a contraindication for use avocado as hair treatment.
- Prepared mask with avocado can be applied to the roots, rubbing in a circular motion into the hair roots; on the strands, evenly distributing with crest; omit hair ends in the mixture.
- The head may be dirty or clean – the masks with avocado are equally effective in both cases.
- After applying the heating effect is created with a shower caps and warm towels, as the active substance will operate much faster.
- After half an hour the mixture can already rinse with warm decoction of herbs or filtered water, slightly acidulated with lemon juice. Since avocado pulp contains oils and fatty acids, for flushing these masks shampoo is required.
- After this procedure to evaluate the effectiveness of the mask, it is better to dry your hair naturally, not with hairdryer.
- If you want to use avocado masks like diy hair treatments for damaged hair (dry and brittle), masks can be done twice a week.
- If applied as a preventive means, once is enough.
Another undoubted advantage of this means – its effect on hair will be immediately. After the first application the curls come back to life and become shine.
Best Recipes with Avocado for DIY Hair Treatments for Damaged Hair
Avocado is an unpretentious fruit, which can be combined with almost any food, that you find in your fridge. Cosmetic and essential oils may also become accessory ingredients for diy hair treatments for damaged hair. Instead of ordinary water the decoctions of herbs will become an ideal replacement.
Crushed the avocado pulp, diluted in equal amounts of natural olive oil.
4 tablespoons of chopped avocado pulp, mixed with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and two natural raw egg yolks.
2 tablespoons of chopped avocado pulp, mixed with 2 tablespoons of aloe juice, 2 teaspoons of lemon (fresh) juice with 2 teaspoons crushed cereal.
2 tablespoons of chopped avocado pulp, mixed with 2 tablespoons of mashed banana, add 1 teaspoon of honey.
Avocado as hair treatment is excellent for dull and damaged hair, that require a soft, gentle care.